You’ve just moved to a new city and you are attempting to find some of the best nail salons in the city. You scramble around, scouring the internet for a great salon that would fit your budget and is within distance, to no avail. “This is more difficult than I thought”, you think to yourself. You dial numbers around town and book your first appointment to the nearest 5-star salon on the You, now what? Now is the perfect time to consult this article for tips on how much you should pay for a manicure in New York City. Some of the best nail salons in the city can have some dirt on them, so its important to keep in mind two main ideas when searching for a salon — hygiene and service.
When looking for the best nail salons, it is important to keep in mind that your hygiene is at the top priority. Prior to seeking a salon, check out their reviews, photos and services offered online. Look deeply into photos of the salon and ask yourself some general questions.
- Does it look clean?
- Are the proper instruments where they need to be?
- Are they missing anything?
- Does the overall salon look clean?
It’s things like these that differentiate a 1-star salon from a 5-star salon. Think about it this way, would you rather spend $90 on a 1-star, roach-infested, fungus-crawling salon, or $90 on a 5-star, clean and pristine salon?
Next thing to think about is service. Servicing the client should be a business’ number one priority. The customer always comes first, they say. This should come into effect as early as when you reach out to book an appointment with the nail salon. When speaking to them, whether that’s online, or on the phone, are they treating you with respect? Is all the information being presented properly? How long are they taking to answer/return your information? This kind of service should continue as soon as you walk in the door of the nail salon. A good salon should greet you at the door, confirm your appointment and the rest is pretty straightforward.
Types of Nail Polish
ACETONE: A type of polish that is made with acetone and a solvent. It is used to clean the nails and remove any build-up on the surface of the nail.
ELECTRIC: A type of manicure in which an electric current is sent through the nails. This type of treatment is often used to remove hard skin and some nail fungus.
GEL POLISH: A type of polish that is made with a gel base. Gel polishes are available in a variety of colors and can be applied over a regular polish or worn alone. They are often more durable than regular polishes and require less maintenance.
GEL PEN: A small, pen-like device that is used to apply gel polishes. It has a fine point that allows for precise application, as well as flexible neck so it can be held at an angle when applying gel polishes to tough areas like the corners of fingernails.
Paint SPLATTER MANICURE: In this type of manicure, paint is spilt all around the nail tips before being sealed with a top coat. The effect gives the nails a wild look and makes them more visible.
How to get a Manicure
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to pamper yourself, a manicure is a perfect option. Here are five tips on how to get the best mani/pedi experience possible:
- Schedule an appointment ahead of time: Trying to squeeze in a mani/pedi during your busy work schedule will most likely result in a subpar experience. Make sure to book your appointment as early in the day as possible so that you have plenty of time to relax and enjoy your treatment.
- Pay attention to the details: When getting a manicure, it’s important to take care of all the little details. For example, make sure that your nails are properly trimmed and filed, and opt for a polish that matches your skin tone perfectly.
- Avoid harsh chemicals: Many nail polishants contain harsh chemicals that can potentially damage your nails over time. Instead, select a natural-based polish or soak your nails in warm water before applying polish to help protect them from damage.
- Ask for advice: If you’re unsure about which type of mani/pedi treatment is right for you, ask a friend or family member for their opinion before making an appointment. They may be able to give you some valuable advice about which services are available at their salon.
- Relax: A good mani/pedi should feel like an indulgent treat – allow yourself plenty of time to lounge around after your appointment and enjoy the feeling of pamperedness!
How much should I be paying for the best nail salons in New York City?
This all depends on the service you are getting. Nail prices can vary from $20 to over $200. Here’s a couple of average price points:
- Manicure: $15-20
- Acrylic nails: $35-75
- High-end salon acrylic: up to $100
- Pedicure: $25-35
How to Save on Manicures
If you’re looking to save some money on your next mani/pedi, here are a few tips to keep in mind. First, consider getting a package deal at your local salon. This way, you can get a basic mani or pedi and then add on any extras (like a hot stone massage) that you may want. Second, ask your stylist about deals they offer for members of their salon. This could include discounts on services or products, special offers on packages (like a mani/pedi and eyebrow wax for $35), or group rates for multiple people. And finally, always compare prices before making a purchase – there may be cheaper options available if you know where to look.
Be sure to keep these price points and ideas in mind when selecting the best nail salons in a place near you!