Online matchmaking is becoming more popular every year. We began to communicate less in real life due to lack of time, and sometimes just because of our own laziness. Sometimes we do not want to take care of ourselves in order to look attractive. And organizing a trip somewhere over a long distance, if a person does not live in our area, is not always easy.
And the generally accepted methods of meeting: in a cafe, on the street, in the subway, in a store, and other public places are no longer relevant. The world wide web is a game-changer. Today it has entangled with its nets not only young people but also the older generation over 50. So, how do these two dating methods (online and offline) differ, what are the advantages and disadvantages of each of them? We will talk about this here.
Pros and cons of personal matchmaking services
Are professional matchmaking services good? Yes, at least because there is always the possibility of posting the most advantageous information about your personality and anonymous communication. If you wish, you can indicate your weight, height, social status, character traits, and hobbies in the questionnaire.
If you do not want to talk too much about yourself, then just do not. Communicate for your pleasure, simply by texting, without giving any private details. The advantages of the best online matchmaking services include the following:
1. You do not need to answer an interlocutor immediately. There is always time to think carefully before answering.
2. Absence of any obligations to a new acquaintance. For example, if you are an introvert and you have a desire to share your thoughts with someone – Internet communication is what you need. After all, those people who surround you in everyday life and are constantly nearby cannot always be good conversationalists.
3. A wide circle of contacts always gives some new impressions, sometimes a lot of useful information and a certain experience. You will find the benefit of such communication in any case. This is an opportunity to find out opinions that are fundamentally different from yours and much more.
4. By communicating virtually, you risk nothing. And in a real meeting, it is difficult to predict how it might end. It is not known what a person has on his or her mind, what he or she thinks about, and what he or she wants. In the end, such a meeting can even lead to tragedy. And on the Internet, such danger simply does not exist.
5. You do not need to worry about your appearance, at least until you agree with your new acquaintance to meet in real life.
6. You have an option to log out at any time. Even if someone is offended by such an act, in any case, you may not see him or her again at all. And he or she will not have the opportunity to express his or her complaints to you about this.
The disadvantages of dating on the Internet include a high probability that some pervert or even a swindler may well be behind a decent person’s appearance. After all, it is absolutely impossible to guess who exactly is on the other side of the monitor. So, you need to carefully choose your social circle, even here. To feel more protected against scammers you may use proven elite matchmaking services.
In addition, constant virtual communication contributes to the gradual loss of real communication skills. This is a proven fact, and there is a possibility that you may have a fear of real people. Therefore, we advise you to go outside at least sometimes to meet with friends and acquaintances. To learn more about online dating, click here.
Advantages and disadvantages of real-life dating
Communication on the Internet is an opportunity for a fairly prompt acquaintance with any person. But the simplicity of this process dissolves people. They become amorphous, with the same partner, they are no longer so interested in communicating and want to switch to another quickly.
What happens in real life? And how does real dating compare to virtual dating? Let’s figure it out together. Let’s start with the pros of real communication. And here are the two most important ones right in front of you:
1. In real life, you see immediately what a person is. You can immediately evaluate his or her appearance and decide whether you like him or her visually. On the Internet, you can only have at least some idea of it from a photo. On the other hand, online video chats are also a kind of visual perception of a person. So, we can say: such communication is the closest to the live version.
2. In face-to-face communication, you have the opportunity of tactile interaction, which very quickly brings you closer to a stranger and makes a conversation more open and sincerer. The network does not provide such an opportunity.
There are still many advantages to real dating, but they are so obvious and known to many that it probably does not make sense to continue. Let’s take a closer look at their main disadvantages:
1. When really meeting, you almost always need to look for some cozy place to meet in cold weather. While dating on the Internet, you are always on the other side of the screen in a comfortable home chair and feel absolutely no tension.
2. Men need to spend money on flowers, surprises, and gifts, which will never have to be done with a virtual acquaintance. To your disposal, there are just free downloaded beautiful postcards and the same ephemeral gifts in the form of small hearts, bouquets, and something else.
3. Women need to smart up, and this is, accordingly, the cost of a hairdresser and beauty salons. And in this regard, a man will also have to spend no less on more or less decent clothes if he does not have one. And with virtual communication, you can sit at the computer in anything and without any embellishment.
But even after examining in detail the advantages and disadvantages of different dating methods, you may ask: where is it better to meet? It’s up to you to choose! Evaluate for yourself what suits you best. The online matchmaking services, of course, remove absolutely all boundaries. With their help you can even make acquaintance with famous people, which cannot be done in real life. But at the same time, of course, one should not forget about real-life meetings. They are able to add more color and experience to your life.