When more confidential information becomes accessible online and hackers become competent, cyber-attacks become more frequent. These attacks occur where cybercriminals with malicious purposes are faced with website security defects and gather data that should not be accessible otherwise.
What is cybersecurity?
Cybersecurity refers to a collection of strategies to secure the integrity of networks, programs, and information from attacks, losses, or unauthorized access.
Network protection encompasses cyber safety and physical security. Organizations are also used to protect themselves from unauthorized access to data centers and other computerized systems. Information security designed to safeguard confidentiality, privacy, and data accessibility is cybersecurity’s subset. Cybersecurity can prevent cyber attacks, data breaches, and identity theft and contribute to risk management.
Post Graduate Programs (PGP) in cybersecurity – Things to know
Several training providers have initiated the cybersecurity Post Graduate Program (PGP) courses. This PGP on Cybersecurity is an interdisciplinary program that prepares students with academic and practical training to compete in an ever-changing technological cybersecurity landscape.
There’s never been a better time to boost your skills. Increase technical capability in booming fields such as cloud security, wireless network security, and mobile device hacking.
In the next ten years, it is expected that cybersecurity will create many new jobs as industries and governments continue to prioritize safe data and information systems. As a Cyber Security PGP graduate, you can step into the career of a penetration tester, developer of security products, security analyst, and security application programmer. You can also continue as a security researcher, vulnerability analyst, or security architect or continue your doctorate studies.
Cybersecurity course – Benefits to know
Cybersecurity is a specialized field of IT and is considered a computer science substream. Cybersecurity courses are designed to provide students with the information and skills needed to protect the computer operating systems, networks, and data.
Cyber Security courses are more prominent than ever. Living in the digital era helps hackers and cybercriminals to take advantage of individuals, government departments, and even large businesses.
Top companies are willing to pay a considerable amount for cyber analysts who can secure their data and eliminate vulnerabilities to protect against cyber threats and security breaches.
In the course, you can learn how to identify security threats online and explore the measures to manage your risk. This course strengthens online security worldwide by addressing concepts such as risk management, network security, identity theft, malware, trojan virus, and cryptography.
If planning to step into the exciting cybersecurity world, and build a vibrant career, find the best online courses that suit your needs and career targets.
Top cybersecurity courses to choose
Cybersecurity certification training courses come with instructor-led live training and hands-on project experience. The training will help you know cybersecurity concepts in-depth and make you gain mastery over the field. Look for few top cybersecurity courses offered below:
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH): With Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), you learn to think like a cybercriminal, which is necessary for preventing cyber-attacks. By taking Simplilearn’s cybersecurity course that teaches the same cyber-criminal intellectuals tactics, you will become a certified ethical hacker. There are no precise eligibility requirements for CEH training and certification, but essential TCP/IP expertise is recommended.
- CompTIA Security+: CompTIA Security+ is an essential credential for new cybersecurity IT practitioners. To complete it you need only two years of IT experience. CompTIA Security+ is considered a general certification in cybersecurity since it won’t focus on a single vendor product line. For anyone who wants to learn necessary IT security skills, CompTIA Security+ is perfect. It helps to create a good base for further courses. The credential has been respected so much that the United States Department of Defense mandates it for all employees.
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP): It is another education program you need to consider when you want to step into the area of network security. Many IT departments categorize this form of certification as an essential prerequisite. The certification helps you develop experience in the design, development, and management of your company’s protected business environment upon using internationally approved information security practices.
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM): It is an advanced credential that demonstrates skills and expertise to establish and operate an information security (infosec) program for an organization. CISM is offered by ISACA, an independent, non-profit organization that advocates for practitioners working in information security, assurance, risk management, and governance.
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP): 84% of companies say that traditional security strategies don’t fit in a cloud environment. CCSP certification ensures IT experts have practical expertise and a comprehensive understanding of cloud security architecture, design, operations, and services. It is designed for security professionals with comprehensive IT, IT architecture, governance, cloud, and network security engineering expertise.
Future scope of cybersecurity
Cybersecurity jobs are in high demand, which will not change shortly, considering the advancement of technology. The Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates how rapidly the area of information security, in general, has expanded, which has a growth rate estimated to rise by 37 percent from 2012 to 2022. It reflects a much higher rate of growth than other industries.
Other Markets and Markets (M&M) analysis indicates that the cybersecurity industry is estimated to rise to 248.26 billion US dollars by 2023. These numbers show that if you’ve completed the cybersecurity training certification, you can’t go wrong in the world of job security. If salary is also an enormous motivator, consider the fact that cybersecurity professionals can produce up to 243,610 dollars annually depending on their particular training.
Modern life relies on online services, so it is necessary to grasp better the importance of cybersecurity threats. The course does not take advantage of previous computer security expertise. Anyone who would like to enhance their digital information safety, whether at home or work, can enjoy it. Although a career in cybersecurity is enriching and fulfilling, it can also be highly stressful and challenging. Understanding specific roles and the characteristics and personality aspects of these positions will help you determine if a cyber-security career is suitable.