Quitting smoking is difficult and even next to impossible. As an alternative, you might want to try vaping. However, it’s a new experience making you overwhelmed because none of the e-liquids you’ve tried so far is giving you the same delightful tobacco smoking experience.
You’re not alone. Many first-time vapers essentially feel that way about vaping and e-liquids. That’s because they haven’t chosen the best e-liquid flavor and need to learn the basic info about e-liquids. If you’re one of them, fret not. You can solve this problem by using this guide to understand more about e-liquids. By the end of this article, you’ll then know the most suitable e-liquid flavor you can indulge in.
To fully enjoy e-liquids, you must first learn terms that the industry uses. That way, you can understand the lingo of e-liquid, making your buying experience easier and better.
For instance, e-liquids are also known as vape juices. They’re made up of three or sometimes four ingredients: vegetable glycerin (VG), propylene glycol (PG), flavoring, nicotine. Each of these ingredients contributes to a pleasing vaping experience.
- Propylene Glycol: This scentless liquid plays a vital role as it delivers the vape juice flavor. Moreover, it’s responsible for giving a ‘throat hit’ sensation normally experienced with traditional cigarettes. Since it has a lighter consistency than vegetable glycerin, it’s also simpler to vaporize. Even food enhancers and ice cream incorporate propylene glycol in their formulation to provide the supreme flavor.
- Vegetable Glycerin: On the other hand, VG is a dense, sugary liquid that helps in vapor production. With this ingredient, you can also enjoy smoother inhalation. Besides, several things such as toothpaste, caramel, and soap also contain vegetable glycerin. Moreover, the flavor can significantly differ, and you can find a lot of taste combinations: from fruit to menthol, desserts to tobacco. As a result, you can enjoy a more gratifying vaping experience. If you’re into tobacco e-liquids, you may want to visit this site to learn more about it.
- Nicotine: This last ingredient in e-liquids is the addictive element of cigarettes. You may choose to use e-liquids with no nicotine if you only intend to enjoy a pure vaping experience. Or you can join a lot of people who decide to shift from smoking to vaping who opt to include nicotine in their e-liquids.
Formulation Of Vape Flavors
As mentioned above, propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin, flavoring, and nicotine comprise vape flavors.
Each vape flavor has particular ratios of propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin. These ratios identify many aspects, including the cloud sizes of vaping and the punch of taste. Particularly, you may like to get an e-juice containing more vegetable glycerin if you opt for a sugary taste.
Meanwhile, there’s often adaptability when combining propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin to generate the most suitable ratio for you. Most importantly, you can also modify the levels of nicotine according to your preference.
Choosing A Flavor For E-Liquids
After understanding e-liquids better, what now are the things that you should consider when you choose your e-liquids?
- You must check its flavor.
- Know the ratio of vegetable glycerin to propylene glycol.
- Choose the strength of the nicotine.
- Consider the origin of e-liquids by answering these questions: Where will you buy your e-liquids? Who are you purchasing them from?
- Lastly, check the price as it’s a practical consideration when buying e-liquids. Everybody wants to avail of affordable e-liquids. However, you must not risk the quality of e-liquids for a low-cost price.
After choosing the flavor of the vape juice, it’s vital to decide on whether to have one that contains nicotine.
If you choose e-liquid with nicotine, you also have the option to select the level of nicotine according to your preference. If you’re a light-smoker who can only consume half a pack in a day, incorporating a 3mg nicotine strength in your formulation may be enough. Or you may also want to incorporate a 6mg nicotine strength if you wish it to be stronger.
Other combinations can be as much as 9-36mg nicotine strength recommended for heavy smokers.
Unless you’re a heavy smoker, consider beginning with a gentler strength and gradually increase the strength if you think it’s weak for you. But of course, it’s still up to you which nicotine level suits your liking.
Blending Propylene Glycol and Vegetable Glycerin
If you’re confused between choosing PG and VG, why not try blending them?
By blending 60/40 of vegetable glycerin and propylene glycol in your e-juice, you can create a great vapor with intensified flavor. You may also combine them 30 PG/70 VG ratio. This ratio is the best for many users as it gives a pleasant throat hit, entices flavor, and lots of vapor production.
Although e-cigarettes may be safer than traditional cigarettes, you’re still advised to practice safety measures to guarantee a good vaping experience.
- One of which is using the right charger mainly designed for the battery. You must also immediately detach the battery from the charger when it gets fully charged.
- Also, separate the batteries from each other to ensure that the terminals will not touch each other, which could cause a short circuit.
- Lastly, check that the batteries are appropriately rated for the coil you intend to use.
- Keep them away from direct heat.
Keeping Its Freshness
Most importantly, you can enjoy e-liquids by knowing their lifespan. Commonly, the restricting elements are the deterioration of flavor ingredients and the oxidization of nicotine.
E-liquids should ideally preserve their quality for one to two years. If you’re not certain about their validity, you can refer to the bottle to check for the expiration date.
As long as you properly store the e-liquids in a dark and cool area, you may still use them even after the expiration date. If they still taste the usual and don’t confer a pungent, peppery taste, they should be good to vape.
Quitting smoking may now be possible, thanks to vaping. When you quit smoking, you may stop the dangers it brings and reap the benefit of improving your health. But just like many people, you might find it hard to make an instant withdrawal from this habit. But with vaping, you can finally commit yourself to quit from smoking.
You can still enjoy a good smoking experience if you use the best e-liquids. With the useful guide above, you now have the idea of how to buy the best e-liquids that are most suitable to your needs and preferences. Just follow the guidelines, and you’ll surely not regret the decision to shift into vaping.