An increase in the consumption of mobile applications is constantly recorded. Mobile applications were downloaded 63% more times in 2023 (230 billion downloads) compared to 2016. As the market continues to strengthen, the question arises as to how to approach the process of creating mobile applications. When you decide to develop such an application in your company, you may want to investigate the development of outsourcing.
Outsourcing as a tool has become extremely popular recently. There are several reasons why organizations consider it a good solution. In the article below, you will learn how to outsource mobile development outside the organization and how to search and find the right outsourcing partner.
Basic information about mobile app development services
At the very beginning, you need to consider what your expectations are for the application. When you answer the question of what exactly you need and how to do it, you are better able to instruct programmers when commissioning them to do it. This way you reduce the risk that the end product will not meet your requirements or that it will work in a different way than you imagined.
Mobile development trends in 2023
Everyone realizes that in order to ensure continuous development, it is necessary to introduce changes. A very important aspect is to follow and follow the current mobile trends in order to constantly develop and be able to exist on the market among the competition.
Here are some trends that are expected to emerge this year:
- Foldable phones support,
- 5G Technology,
- IoT app integration,
- Augmented Reality,
- Progressive Web Apps,
- AI and machine learning (face recognition, voice search)
- Mobile wallets (Apple Pay, Google Play).
Expected costs to make an app in 2023
If you want your application to be compatible with other platforms, you have to take into account that its cost will probably increase. Currently, the prices for creating a mobile application start at EUR 30,000. It is obvious that the final quote depends on your needs and application requirements.
Each project is different from the other, and many factors may be important in the final settlement functionality, complexity, or target platform.
Offshore and nearshore outsourcing mobile app development
The emergence of outsourcing frameworks can take place in various forms. There are offshore and nearshore outsourcing. Do you know how they differ from each other?
Both of these terms refer to a location. When another property developer provides services from a location that is fairly close to your location, then it is nearshoring. Offshoring, on the other hand, is most often understood as outsourcing in countries with a lower-cost economy. Then the development team works from another country. Benefits of outsourcing
Outsourcing of application development has many benefits:
- You can build a skilled team with multiple abilities. To create and hire the right team permanently, you will waste a lot of time and resources, especially if the project you are working on is complicated. In this case, location is no obstacle, you can choose the most suitable developers from all over the world.
- You will reduce costs. As you may have read above, outsourcing is much more profitable than in-house employment. Outsourcing of offshore developers, e.g. from Eastern Europe, is cheaper. If your business operates in high-cost living areas, your business can save money on prices, infrastructure, benefits, and other costs by working with suppliers in lower-cost countries.
- You will save valuable time. A professional team will certainly be created for you. You also don’t have to worry about developer training, and a well-chosen IT partner will know what technology stack to use in your project.
- You can avoid micromanagement. There will be no management associated with keeping personnel. You can focus on the management and development of your business while the outsourcing agency will focus on developing your application. The outsourcing team should guarantee to keep development pace and quality assurance. You as the client can make decisions based on performance indicators and KPIs.
- You can easily scale. Ultimately outsourcing gives you the opportunity to remain flexible. At any time, you can hire new people, select them in terms of knowledge matching your project, adjust the structure and scale it according to your needs.
Of course, as with any solution, there is a certain risk associated with outsourcing. It may be a matter of cultural or temporal differences. However, by choosing the right IT partner, they can be easily prevented.
How much does it cost to outsource app development in 2023?
The cost of outsourcing app development varies based on the location in which you recruit the team. If you care about both price and quality, you should consider hiring experts from the CEE region. American developers charge from 110 to 160 Euros per developer’s hour while in Europe the costs are between 30 to 60 Euros per hour.
Process of outsourcing mobile app development in 2023
Outsourcing can be demanding. Learn the rules that will allow you to manage the process effectively and optimize your activities:
- Determine the exact requirements,
- Estimate the budget,
- Set aside time for research,
- Check out the company’s portfolio,
- Work with the appropriate agency.
Determine the exact requirements
Before checking the possibilities of development, you must clearly define what you expect from the application. Include your company’s values, thanks to which you create your own idea. Even if an outsourcing agency is to be responsible for the performance. Clearly defined assumptions will allow you to choose the right partner faster and more accurately. You have to answer questions such as: what is the target platform and who is the recipient of this product. Thanks to these answers, your concept will be as precise as possible.
Estimate the budget
Calculating the financial resources that you can spend on an outsourcing agency will allow you to choose the right one. You must remember that the cheapest agencies are not the best choice. You can consider another alternative option. Remember to use your budget and time wisely.
Set aside time for research
Once you are able to determine what you want from the application, it is worth looking around for the available options. Selection of solutions mainly based on your needs. Before making the final decision, it is worth considering the advantages and disadvantages of each option. You can outsource such a task to a special agency. Pay attention to compatibility, so it’s worth doing some research and making a list of available software vendors. The technological stack should be matched most sensibly to the project, i.e. it must meet your expectations, skills, and technological requirements.
Check out the company’s portfolio
Review the supplier portfolio, but not only for the experience. If you want an amazing end product, you need to find a supplier that specializes in the field your project is related to. If the company does not have experience in the same industry as you, find out if it has carried out a project in this field in the past. See available company opinions. Rather than just checking online reviews, also see industry rankings such as Clutch or Techreviewer.
Work with the appropriate agency
Choose and contact the appropriate outsourcing agency. Provide your opinion, comments, thoughts, and suggestions to your IT partner. This can help eliminate irrelevant elements in the design. Decide which service and payment model is right for you. Remember to sign the contract before starting work on the project. Finally, take into account that this is not a one-sided process and it is worth establishing a relationship with an IT partner.
Why outsource in Poland?
Outsourcing is currently one of the most chosen forms of application development, due to its low costs and the provision of a qualified team of specialists. Poland is one of the most attractive locations for outsourcing. Additionally, Polish programmers are considered to be one of the best in the world and communicate fluently in English. One of such Polish outsourcing agencies is Applover, which has a team of great experts.